Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

When I clean. I really clean. I have to admit, I am not the best at the day to day cleaning routine. After I get off work, drive home in an hour's worth of traffic, only to stop at the gym for an hour then home to make dinner. he last thing I am thinking about is folding or putting away laundry, vacuuming and really anything that is remotely cleaning related. I would much rather plop my sore, sorry ass on the corner of the sectional and watch my one last episode of trash tv before hitting the hay. Does this sound like your day?


Kudos to those moms with kids....and more than one kid! I do not know where you get the energy to stay up late and take care of many others besides yourself. So today, my Saturday....I rose out of bed (after sleeping in from my exhausting week) and got to work. The sun was shining, and what better motivation to clean than the sun shining and the crisp air outside. I put on a strong pot of coffee and went to it!


I did have a slight ulterior motivation in that today I am receiving my grandmothers dining table along with a mattress and some other belongings from her recently sold condo.


Unfortunately still a renter, all our our furniture seems to be taking over our awkwardly laid out living space. And unfortunately for me, it seems to be furniture we cannot part with. The couch and the tv take up most of our open concept living room/dining room/kitchen. The table from my grandma I would like to keep for sentimental reason and that leaves not too much extra space to be had.


That said, today I re-arranged the whole room, much to the man of the house's dismay. But actually, I like it!


I now have a room that feels and looks much larger, and a kitchen table that is in a space I can actually use to eat at, use as a desk, and have to lay out all my crafting. Maybe now I can have a dinner party with a sit down (as in at the table and not around the coffee table on the floor!).


Maybe tomorrow I will tackle a delicious three course dinner with desert!

Now to just decide on what to make....

1 comment:

  1. I hate cleaning too, but I do love the sense of accomplishment it gives me when I am finished!

    ReplyDelete