Friday, February 19, 2010

I ♥ Cakes and Canada!

Let it be known...I LOVE CAKES....Just as much as I love Canada!!!

Four days off seems to fly by when you are having fun!!
And what more fun could a girl ask for when she gets to spend a weekend in her Canadian gear wandering the streets in the golden sunshine! Gold, because Canada now has their first ever 3 gold medals on Canadian soil! Pretty Cool if you ask me!

Acutally the feeling of nationalism is so thick you go downtown and it's hard not to catch our Canadian Fever. Scrap all the H1N1 talk, we Canadians have a fever that can't be cured! There have been flash mob's dancing down at Robson Square, people everywhere suddenly bursting into song and dance to O'Canada! And of course, Red Mittens, Hi 5's and Free Hugs at each street corner! I love where I live!

Last night I also got to experience my first Japadog! What is a Japadog?? Well if you have not heard its the latest and greatest hotdog! You can get a beef edamame dog, or a kobe beef dog, all topped with great toppings straight out of your local japanese restraunt. Last night I induldged in a Spicy Terimayo Cheese Japadog! The watering of my mouth after the first bite was well worth the wait,..and the chance to share some of my wassabi peas with my two new found friends also waiting in line for their first Japadog!


To finish off by busy four days off I am proud to say I completed my very first two official cake orders! I was definatley a little nervous to be making cakes for two very special occasions, but in the end they both worked out and look fantastic! I hope the birthday boy and girl will love their cakes this weekend!


So....off I go! Time to get ready to once again head on on our public transit system to go and see our first Official Olympic event of 2010. Pairs Ice Dancing! It's going to be great!!

Cheers~ to a weekend, taken during the week!

3 comments:

  1. You have been very busy! I have always wanted to try a Japadog!! One day soon.

    Nice cakes too Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy...if you go down let me know! Or bring me one home...oh so delicious! I love to make cakes! I can't wait...two wedding cakes to make coming fast!

    ReplyDelete