Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sweet as Pie

Let me just say it's been a very busy month!
Between birthday, work, and preparing for Easter baking I have had little time to myself.

I did however successfully complete my first wedding cake, a gourmet birthday cake, and some spring cupcakes for our family's Easter dinner pot-luck. For those people that don't understand why bakery's charge thousands of dollars for wedding cakes....well let me tell you! Designing a masterpiece is no piece of cake; especially if you are tackling it on your own. Don't get me wrong, I do love to bake...and after I had stressed myself out all turned out well.

I also need to pay gratitude to a great friend who came to the rescue and used her amazing baking skills to help me meet my deadline during power-outages, car accidents, and getting up at the crack of dawn to help me maintain my sanity. Thanks Lamb.

After the wedding cakes were delivered and gone it was time to treat ourselves to some delicious Noodle Box! If you have not tried Noodle Box on 4th DT you MUST go. This little noodle restaurant was started in Victoria and only in the last two years opened shop in Vancouver. They make your curry noodle dish very mild to screaming hot and add delicious toppings for an unforgettable noodle dish. I wish I had a photo...but you will have to go and see for yourself.

So.....as it has been my first opportunity to spend some relaxing time on my "friday" night I will leave you with some pictures of my baking creations as I reach for my glass of merlot.

On a side note....my gf's and I had some fun creating a "breakfast in bed" dish for our friend Quatchi after a long day of baking. His delectabe meal was made with leftover fondant and sugar paste...all edible- if only Quatchi could digest things properly.

Enjoy the weekend!
~Cheers
Kelly in the Deli

This is the first wedding Cake I have made. It's covered in crusting buttercream and decorated with fondant flowers.

This cake, Chocolate and Vanilla layers with buttercream and chocolate ganache was made for Britt's 17th birthday!

Quatchi enjoying his Green Egg and Ham-bacon along with S&P Hashbrowns and buttered toast! MMmm

No comments:

Post a Comment